“From Virus to Vitamin” – Join the discussion
The Observatoire de la Finance intends to seize this period of pandemic to step back and take a fresh look at our global economic system, dare to ask new questions which the current crisis brings to the fore and propose innovative ways to rebuild a more resilient and sustainable economy and society. In brief, we want to turn the virus into a vitamin for the future.
Our Discussion Board „From Virus to Vitamin“ focuses on commenting issues relevant to finance and economy in relations to society, ethics and the environment from a variety of perspectives, of practical experiences and of academic disciplines. It has been designed to share and discuss information and opinions expressed in a short and concise manner.
Contributors (Discover the list of contributors) are invited to react on a question/issue that is submitted in parallel to a limited group of experts. This happens on a regular basis, through a dedicated mailing list. After the deadline for submission, the reactions are edited and published with signatures in one document on the website of the Observatoire de la finance and on its Linkedin page. If you would like to join the discussion, you may send an email to the editor, Dr. Virgile Perret <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
OF Discussion Board – Questions addressed so far
- Question 9 : Scaling up industrial policy at regional level
- Question 8 : Stock markets and the real economy: dangerously skewed allocation
- Question 7 : Realigning international trade according to the full cost principle
- Question 6 : Indulgent creditors and industrial policy
- Question 5 : Caring for care
- Question 4 : The changing nature of GAFAs: global market players, national champions or public service providers?
- Question 3 : Squaring the circle between international good intentions and national (weak) institutions
- Question 2 : A simplistic and misleading trade-off but policy dilemmas are real
- Question 1 : Convictions rarely change… but they get refined
Subscription Form for our newsletter